The Florida Exotic Bird Sanctuary is open most days of the year and conducts regularly-scheduled tours for the public by confirmed appointment. During the tour, a staff member or volunteer will guide you around the sanctuary. On your tour, you will:
– Meet multiple types of parrots, including Amazon, Cockatoo, Conure, Eclectus and Macaw
– Understand what we have learned from the amazing 700+ parrots in our care
– Learn about the plight of parrots produced by the pet trade
The pace is leisurely, with plenty of time for questions and saying hello to our residents. The tours usually last about one hour. The overall route is on grass, gravel and concrete paths—so please wear comfortable walking shoes!
Although we do not charge for admission for private tours, we do ask for a minimum donation of $20/per person age 15 and up and $10 per person age 6-14 with adult. Children under 5, donation waived with adult. Please be aware that small children are sensitive to the noise factor. Earplugs are suggested.
Tour Hours of Operation
– Monday through Saturday (excluding holidays)
– 10am to 2pm
SCHEDULE A TOUR
Schedule a tour, please email Bobcook@flabirdsanctuary.org
Please note that there will be no tours offered on major holidays, including Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
– No personal pets allowed.
– Please do not feed the birds.
– Do not put your fingers or attempt to touch any of the parrots.
– Closed-toed shoes are recommended.
– Smoking and alcohol are not permitted anywhere on the Sanctuary premises.
– Individuals under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
8933 Casper Ave, Hudson, FL 34667