The Florida Exotic Bird Sanctuary is open all year and conducts regularly-scheduled tours for the public. During the tour, a staff member or volunteer will guide you around the sanctuary. On your tour, you will:
- Meet multiple types of parrots, including Amazon, Cockatoo, Conure, Eclectus and Macaw
- Understand what we have learned from the amazing 700+ parrots in our care
- Learn about the plight of parrots produced by the pet trade
The pace is leisurely, with plenty of time for questions and saying hello to our residents. The tours usually last about one hour. The overall route is on grass, gravel and concrete paths—so please wear comfortable walking shoes!
Although we do not charge for admission for private tours, we do ask for a minimum donation of $15/per person. Children under 5 are not suggested for this experience due to the noise factor, etc.
Tour Hours of Operation
- Monday through Saturday
- 10am to 2pm
Please contact Bob Cook to schedule a tour:
Please note that there will be no tours offered on major holidays, including Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- No personal pets allowed.
- Please do not feed the birds.
- Do not put your fingers or attempt to touch any of the parrots.
- Closed-toed shoes are recommended.
- Smoking and alcohol are not permitted anywhere on the Sanctuary premises.
- Individuals under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
8933 Casper Ave, Hudson, FL 34667
Tips for Visitors
- If you have special needs, please call in advance.
The Sanctuary wants to make sure everyone has a positive experience and we will do our best
to accommodate your needs.
- Bring bottled water.
- Dress appropriately, especially in Summer months.