Last updated: January, 2017
The Florida Exotic Bird Sanctuary (“FEBS”) values each of its donors and takes their privacy very seriously.
We maintain the highest level of confidentiality concerning our donors’ contact and financial information. All online and offline donor transactions with FEBS are covered by this policy and are conducted over secure networks. Access to this data is password-protected and limited to authorized FEBS employees.
What We Collect
FEBS collects the following personal information from our donors: donor name, acknowledgement name, amount donated, billing address, telephone number and email address.
How We Use Donor Information
Donor information is used for internal purposes only. FEBS does not sell or lease donor information. Donor information will only be used by FEBS staff to:
- Distribute receipts for donations;
- Thank donors for their contribution;
- Inform donors about current and upcoming activities, including additional opportunities to support FEBS;
- Track and analyze donor data;
- Comply with current rules and regulations governing IRC 501(c)(3) financial reporting; and
- Comply with any reporting requirements related to specific grants or contributions.
Donor’s Bill of Rights
- To be informed of FEBS’s mission, of the way FEBS intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for its intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on FEBS’s Board of Directors and to expect the Board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To be assured their gifts will be used by FEBS for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition of all contributions to FEBS.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To be assured that their contact information will not be used if so chosen by the donor.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.